Thursday, April 19, 2012

Really...only Thursday?

  So...here I am at home again, except for the whole day.  Casey is sick and Bernhard is in a meeting in Fort Collins.  This really isn't how I planned my week to go, wait...did I have a plan?  Maybe not.  Anyway, I will be productive and get laundry done, change the sheets on the bed...heck, I may even get some cleaning done-wait, let's not get crazy now!  However, I am having a hard time finding the surface of my desk...I have found the keyboard and room for my coffee cup so it's all good.
  Speaking of plans, one of my favorite scriptures is Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome."
  And also, Psalm 34:19
    "Many evils confront the (consistently) righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all."

  I know that God is not caught by surprise, He is not surprised how my days have gone.  Because I trust Him to never leave me or forsake me, I know I am safe in Him.  I am not worried about these circumstances, I will get through them and be ready for the next challenge.  I all too often get caught up with what is going on to really take a step back and see the big picture.  So, today I will count my blessings which are many, and I will be thankful for this new day.  I know I am not in control, but I know the One who is,  I will rest in that heart knowledge and go forward.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment